Lower Back Pain Diagnosis & Treatment with Our Mitchell Chiropractor Team
According to the World Health Organization, at least 70% of people among industrialized societies experience at least one bout of lower back pain throughout the course of their lifetime. At Western Trails Chiropractic & Acupuncture, our Mitchell chiropractor staff meets hundreds of individuals every year struggling with this condition.
Understanding Your Back Pain: Causes, Risk Factors & Symptoms
Lower back pain can be caused by a myriad of conditions, including but not limited to:
- Stenosis - narrowing of the spaces through which the spinal cord and nerves travel
- Osteoarthritis - joint inflammation caused by "wear and tear" of intra-articular cartilage
- Ligament and muscle damage - soft tissue injuries in the spine are common after auto accidents and sports injuries
- Joint subluxations - misaligned joints can be painful in their own right and increase pressure on the nervous system
- Disc injuries - a spinal disc can bulge out of place or leak out its inner fluid through a tear in the outer layer (herniation), leading to impingement on nearby structures, including nerves (this is a common cause of sciatica and lumbar radiculopathy)
- Scoliosis - abnormal side-to-side "S" shaped curvature in the spine
Identifiable risk factors for back pain include being overweight or obese; being too sedentary or, conversely, overly active; smoking; having psychological stress; and having a physically demanding job. Incidents like lifting injuries or repetitive movements and poor posture are also major sources or causes of lower back pain, which may present with additional symptoms such as:
- Decreased range of motion in the spine and hips
- Numbness, pain, tingling, and weakness in one or both legs
How Chiropractic Care Can Help You Manage, Relieve & Prevent Your Low Back Pain
Our drug-free services help people get away from the struggle of their pain and dysfunction and get back to their active lifestyles. Here are a few things we offer:
- Chiropractic care, including decompression and spinal adjustments
- Corrective exercises
- Lifestyle counseling (e.g., ergonomic training and stress management)
These services are individually prescribed and tailored to meet your unique needs. We strive to heal injured tissues, relieve inflammation, improve hip mobility, increase core stabilization, and address any other underlying factors contributing to your dysfunction.
Contact Our Chiropractors in Mitchell, NE for Lower Back Pain Treatment
Interested in drug-free lower back pain treatment? Discover the holistic and natural services offered by our chiropractor in Mitchell, NE by contacting Western Trails Chiropractic now at 308-633-1313 or 308-623-1313 if our Mitchell location is more convenient.